Whenever we are working on our website and we run into an issue, we try to share the resolution of our issues with the community. We recently ran into an issue when we setup the Jetpack Publicize plugin to automatically post our post’s to Facebook. When we first did this, our posts were appearing on Facebook with “?fb_source=pubv1″ appended to the end of the URL, and the Thumbnail was not displaying. After analyzing some suggested solutions to this problem (modifying the code on the .htaccess file).
After considering making this change, we just decided to try something first, and we found that the solution to this problem was a lot easier than what was suggested to do here.
What we did to resolve the issue:
In the WordPress Settings Menu > Permalinks > And we changed “Common Settings” from the “Customer Structure” that we setup earlier to the “Post Name” option. After this, our posts started to appear correctly in Facebook, and we had no breakage with any of the links on our website.
We hope this helps, but feel free to let us know if you have any questions, and we would be happy to help!